Hi there! People are constantly looking to work with and do business with people they know, like, and trust. It’s an essential part of being a thought leader or industry expert.
Being a trusted guide is something that any business owner that sells a product or service should strive for.
Think about it for a moment – how many of your customers know the insider track to your industry? Probably zero, right? That is why they need you. They need you to tell them which plants will survive the Florida summers, which computer you need for the work you want to accomplish, and what facial cream you might try to help with a skin issue. The same is true if you provide a service to your customers – what action do I need to take to achieve my goals in business, what exercises should I try, and what food should I eat to sculpt my core after having a baby.
We all need trusted guides and Being the Boss of Your Brand requires you to step into your role as a trusted guide in your business.
Hi, I’m Jennifer Roberts, the owner of Back Porch Communications, and I’m excited to be bringing you an entire 9-week series on how to Be the Boss of Your Brand. We are on week 4 of our 9-week journey and will continue every week until the end of 2021.
Let’s talk about ways you can be the trusted guide for your ideal clients.
· Share your knowledge about what you do. No matter what you do, there are ways you can teach others something about your industry. Step into the role of the teacher so others can experience the expertise you have to offer.
· Talk about why you are passionate about what you do. Think about your why. Sometimes we call that a brand story. Share it with others. People love to work with people who are excited about what they do.
· Look for ways to use your skills to give back to the community. What business skills do you have to donate to others and show your expertise and your desire to help others.
· Communicate ways that people find value in what you offer. What are the outcomes people get when they work with you? Understand the benefits your customer receives and share that with others you want to work with in the future.
All these things are easier said than done sometimes. For some of us, it’s hard to toot our own horn or step into the spotlight – even if we are talking about our superpower – the thing we are best at in the world.
It takes courage to be a trusted guide. Sometimes we are scared that we could lead someone down the wrong path despite our expertise in this area. Other times we show up as a trusted guide and feel like no one is listening and wonder, should we even be talking? Does anyone care?
The answer is yes. People do care. Your ideal client cares. When you are thinking about not stepping into your role as a trusted guide – remember your ideal client needs you. They need you to take a chance on them. They need you to show up even when you think they aren’t listening.
Keep going. Keep guiding. Being a trusted guide is a critical component of what Being the Boss of Your Brand is all about.
Stick with me for the rest of the year, and we'll dive into the specifics of how to Be the Boss of Your Brand each week.
You can find this series in a variety of places. Pick which one you like the most!
· Join the PR and Marketing for Small Business Owners and Nonprofits Facebook group to find a community of others who want to share their passion with the world just like you.
If you are interested in working together, I do have 1:1 spaces available right now. Book a 30-minute Zoom call on my calendar, and we can talk about taking your brand to the next level.